viernes, 21 de octubre de 2011

Apple Vs. Google




Like many of you, I'm an Apple person. Not that I have many devices, just a MacBook and an iPod, but I definitely like the way they do things. They have me. I remember that at first, when I bought the MacBook, I got lost all the time and wondered why had I purchased it but after a few days I realized that it was way easier to use than a Pc. And I don't think I'm ever going back to Pc-but you never know...

The case of mobile phones is different...We've got dozens of companies using an open system, Android, and one single company-Apple- using a closed system, ios. And even though Android is becoming stronger every single minute, I cannot forget that it's lots of companies fighting agains just one. It's one system against another one, ok, but still...if we think in terms of companies...Apple is the absolute winner.

Kathleen says that she was planning to buy an iPhone when going back home but now she might have changed her mind and go for an Android. We've talked about the open system advantages and it really sounds tempting but I would still go for an iPhone. It's more expensive and closed but it is easy for me to use, I can syncronize it with my MacBook and it is safe. I know that if I download an application I won't be receiving any kind of virus or something that I haven't asked for. I go for comfort.

By the way, I found this fun infographic on profile of a self-described Mac person vs. Pc person. I must say that I agree on some of Mac's aspects (stronger verbal vs. math aptitude, I would rather ride a Vespa, The Office IS the funniest TV show and I prefer indie-or european- films)


3 comentarios:

  1. I'm also an Apple person, and I definitely agree that Apple is the absolute winner. With that said, Android's open system is also very impressive, and is a tempting option. However, the comfort and ease of Apple is what makes their products so great. Unless Android's open system can provide a dramatic advantage, I'm pretty sure I'll stick with Apple.

    By the way, awesome infographic!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I'm not an iphone fan myself, but then, I'm not a fan of touch screens. I'm still undecided whether I'd take freedom over comfort because, as you said, there's a certain safety in the walled garden that is Apple. Samuel, I agree that there is a certain ease to Apple products especially regarding their minimalistic designs.

    Funny though, Google have noticed this and they're planning a revamp inspired by Job's work. For more info, cut and paste the link below:

    http://goo.gl/l0dol

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Nice post Antia, I too am an Apple person, I do like the idea of an open system like Android's, however I find I can get around that by jailbreaking my iphone, something I did only a few weeks ago after Fergus spoke about it in his groups presentation. I did find however, that it does go a bit slower. anyway I wont be switching to PCs thats for sure...

    ResponderEliminar